Viva Labs #1 Organic Maca Powder, Gelatinized for Enhanced Bioavailability, Non-GMO, 1lb Bag
List Price: $39.79
Sale Price: $33.20
(as of 09/04/2015 20:58 UTC)Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on Amazon at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product..
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
Free Shipping: Eligible For Free Shipping
The History of Maca Maca root was very first harvested in the course of the pre-Incan times and historically been recognized as a \"miracle food\". It is a tuber, significantly like the potato, providing a nutrition profile of sterols, amino acids and important vitamins and minerals. For thousands of years, the Peruvians and Incas used maca root for its healing and nourishing powers. These days, maca powder is one of the worlds most popular and nutrient-rich superfoods. Raw vs. Gelatinized Maca Maca exists in two types, each raw and gelatinized. Due to the density of the root, consuming maca in its raw state has been related with digestive discomfort and consequently, gelatinization has shown to provide far more favourable outcomes. In Peru, maca is always cooked (gelatinized), removing unwanted starch and making the root easier to digest. Gelatinization assures that the final product bears the very same distinctive properties of the maca consumed traditionally by the Incas, preserving the nutritional integrity of maca and creating a hugely concentrated product as compared to raw maca. The Viva Labs Difference Grown in the wealthy soils of the Andes Mountains of Peru, harsh temperatures and extreme sunlight make roots of exceptional nutritional substance and overall health-advertising properties. Viva Labs very carefully harvests fully matured and developed roots when foliage is at its brightest yellow. The roots are then slowly dried and gently milled at low temperatures into fine, wealthy-tasting powder. A method identified as \"gelatinization\" breaks down starch molecules, thereby easing digestion and enhancing overall nutrient content material and bioavailability.
- Enhanced Bioavailability - Viva Labs' maca powder is gelatinized in order to improve the absorption of this renowned root. Gelatinization ensures indigestible starch is removed by applying low heat to raw maca roots, resulting in a highly absorbable powder that eliminates any digestive discomfort.
- Adaptogenic Qualities - maca has been shown to help support healthy hormone levels, enhance vitality and sustain energy levels, naturally. We recommend using 1 teaspoon per day for feelings of tranquility and relaxation.
- Promotes Radiant Complexion and Glowing Skin - gelatinized maca is a nutritious source of vitamins, minerals, fatty acids and plant sterols offering a wide range of benefits, particularly helping to improve the look and feel of skin.
- Impeccable Versatility - maca can be used to enhance a variety of recipes including smoothies, baked goods as well as savory items. This delectable superfood will enhance the taste and flavor of any modern-day recipe, while increasing the nutritional value of your meals.
- Viva Labs Gelatinized Maca is certified organic, non-GMO, gluten-free and vegan-friendly. Try maca today and experience the full benefits of this Peruvian wonder.