List Price: $21.80
Sale Price: $21.80
(as of 04/22/2016 16:02 UTC)Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on Amazon at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product..
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
Free Shipping: Eligible For Free Shipping
The History of Maca Maca root was very first harvested throughout the pre-Incan times and historically been recognized as a \"miracle food\". It is a tuber, significantly like the potato, supplying a nutrition profile of sterols, amino acids and important vitamins and minerals. For thousands of years, the Peruvians and Incas used maca root for its healing and nourishing powers. Right now, maca powder is 1 of the world\'s most popular and nutrient-rich superfoods. Raw vs. Gelatinized Maca Maca exists in two forms, both raw and gelatinized. Due to the density of the root, consuming maca in its raw state has been linked with digestive discomfort and consequently, gelatinization has shown to supply more favourable outcomes. In Peru, maca is usually cooked (gelatinized), removing undesirable starch and generating the root less complicated to digest. Gelatinization assures that the final item bears the very same special properties of the maca consumed traditionally by the Incas, preserving the nutritional integrity of maca and making a highly concentrated product as compared to raw maca. The Viva Labs Distinction Grown in the rich soils of the Andes Mountains of Peru, harsh temperatures and extreme sunlight create roots of exceptional nutritional substance and overall health-promoting properties. Viva Labs meticulously harvests completely matured and created roots when foliage is at its brightest yellow. The roots are then slowly dried and gently milled at low temperatures into fine, wealthy-tasting powder. A method recognized as \"gelatinization\" breaks down starch molecules, thereby easing digestion and enhancing all round nutrient content and bioavailability.
- Enhanced Bioavailability - Viva Labs' maca powder is gelatinized in order to improve the absorption of this renowned root. Gelatinization ensures indigestible starch is removed by applying low heat to raw maca roots, resulting in a highly absorbable powder that eliminates any digestive discomfort.
- Adaptogenic Qualities - maca has been shown to help support healthy hormone levels, enhance vitality and sustain energy levels, naturally. We recommend using 1 teaspoon per day for feelings of tranquility and relaxation.
- Promotes Radiant Complexion and Glowing Skin - gelatinized maca is a nutritious source of vitamins, minerals, fatty acids and plant sterols offering a wide range of benefits, particularly helping to improve the look and feel of skin.
- Impeccable Versatility - maca can be used to enhance a variety of recipes including smoothies, baked goods as well as savory items. This delectable superfood will enhance the taste and flavor of any modern-day recipe, while increasing the nutritional value of your meals.
- Viva Labs Gelatinized Maca is certified organic, non-GMO, gluten-free and vegan-friendly. Try maca today and experience the full benefits of this Peruvian wonder.