List Price: $35.00
Sale Price: $21.37
(as of 09/04/2015 20:58 UTC)Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on Amazon at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product..
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
Free Shipping: Eligible For Free Shipping
Utilized as a reference by students of acupuncture, this is a hefty, genuinely comprehensive guide to the theory and healing energy of Chinese medicine. It really is also a primer on nutrition—including details about green foods, such as spirulina and blue-green algae, and the \"regeneration diets\" utilised by cancer sufferers and arthritics—along with an inspiring cookbook with a lot more than 300 largely vegetarian, nutrient-packed recipes.The information on Chinese medicine is beneficial for assisting to diagnose health imbalances, particularly nascent illnesses. It is smartly paired with the whole-foods system since the Chinese have attributed different overall health-balancing properties to foods, so you can tailor your diet program to support alleviate symptoms of illness. For instance, Chinese medicine dictates that an individual with low power and a pale complexion (a yin deficiency) would advantage from avoiding bitter foods and escalating \"sweet\" foods such as soy, black sesame seeds, parsnips, rice, and oats. (Note that the Chinese definition of sweet foods is a lot diverse from the American one particular!)Pitchford says in his dedication that he hopes the reader finds \"healing, awareness, and peace\" from following his system. The diet is certainly acetic by American standards (no alcohol, caffeine, white flour, fried foods, or sugar, and a minimum of eggs and dairy) but the reasons he offers for avoiding these \"damaging energy\" foods are compelling. From the adrenal harm imparted by coffee to immune dysfunction brought on by excess refined sugar, Pitchford spurs you to rethink every single dietary option and its ultimate influence on your health. With no being alarmist, he adds dietary tips for guarding oneself against the dangers of modern day life, which includes neutralizing harm from water fluoridation (thyroid and immune-system problems may result fluoride is a carcinogen). There is further reading on food combining, female wellness, heart illness, pregnancy, fasting, and weight loss. All round, this is a superb book for any person who\'s serious about strengthening his or her physique from the inside out.
- Current guidelines on nutrition basics, such as the protein/vitamin B12 group, fats and oils, sugars and sweeteners, water, salt, seaweeds, "green foods" (micro-algae and cereal grasses), calcium, oxygen, and other nutritional concerns
- Discussions of the Chinese healing arts applied to physical and emotional conditions, including the Eight Priniciples (Six Divisions of Yin and Yang), Five Elements, and syndromes of the internal organs
- Information on making a gentle transition from a diet based on animal products to one centered on whole grains and fresh vegetables. Over 300 hearty, purely vegetarian (vegan) recipes, as well as the healing properties of plant and animal foods
- Sections on weight loss, heart and vascular renewal, female health, digestive problems, candida yeast infections, root canals, food combining, fasting, children, pregnancy, and aging. Includes insights from Ayurvedic medicine of India
- Detailed "Regeneration Diets" and herbal treatments for cancer, arthritis, mental illness, drug and alcohol abuse, AIDS, and other degenerative conditions. Also features a "Parasite Purge Program" tailored to specific body types.